Getting the most from your session:
- Before your session, give your massage therapist accurate health information and share your expectations.
- Your therapist may use oils or lotions to decrease friction on your skin. If you have allergies, tell your massage therapist.
- Music may be played during your massage session. If you find music distracting, let your therapist know your preference.
- Report any discomfort you feel during your session, whether your discomfort is physical or has something to do with the environment, such as room temperature, music or lighting.
- Provide your therapist feedback during your session concerning pressure . If a technique is not comfortable, ask your therapist to stop.
- Your therapist is dedicated to their profession. Discuss any apprehensions you may have about your treatment.
- Remember, the therapeutic benefits of massage build over time. The more regularly you dedicate yourself to self-care, the quicker your body will respond.