Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT)
Proper functioning of the lymphatic system is critical to our body’s ability to drain stagnant fluids, detoxify, regenerate tissues, filter biological waste and foreign substances and maintain a healthy immune system. This complex system is comprised of lymph vessels and nodes.
The action of this system may be impeded by surgery, trauma, burns, infections, swelling, fatigue, stress or age. When lymph circulation is diminished, fluids proteins, cells and toxins accumulate and cellular functioning is compromised.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT) can be beneficial in the correction of numerous health conditions as well as in preventative health maintenance. LDT helps to recirculate body fluids, stimulate functioning of the immune system and balance the autonomic nervous system.
LDT can be used as a stand alone therapy or incorporated into any bodywork session.
This may result in:
- Reduction in swelling.
- Relief of chronic and sub-acute inflammation.
- Regeneration of tissues and anti-aging effects
- Relief of chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress reduction, loss of vitality
- Detoxification of the body
- Relief voluntary and involuntary muscle hyper-tonus
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Relief of fascial restrictions and increase in joint mobility.